Shaw Stainless & Alloy practices continuous improvements across all our divisions to insure that
we supply our customers with the highest level of quality stainless steel products and
fabrications in the industry.
Here at Shaw Stainless we take seriously that our customers products conform to your
individual requirements. This includes the following:
- All incoming material is inspected according to the Purchase Order and Material
Certifications are checked and filed.
- Any internal work order contains individual process steps, material specifications,
customer approved drawings, in process Quality Control documents, including those for
dimensional, surface finish, welding, laser cutting, etc.
- Final inspection is done upon completion and documented per customer order.
- A. Dimensional inspection
- B. Surface finish profilometer readouts (when required)
- C. Welds including welder and filler material certifications
- D. Electropolishing or Passivation Certification
- E. Material Certificates
- F. Photos of the inspected product
Our final inspections and any of the documents included during production are recorded into
our ERP System. Final inspection takes place in our climate-controlled inspection room utilizing,
as required, the following inspection tools:
- Surface Finish Profilometer with downloadable recording capabilities
- Borescope with downloadable recording capabilities
- 24” SST Height Gage
- Digital Calipers: 6”, 12”, and 24”
- Digital Micrometers: 1” to 6”
- Digital Thickness Gage
- Calibrated 81-piece Gage Block Set: .05” to 4”
- Calibrated 990-piece Plug/Pin Gage Set: .0011 to 1.00”
- Matched V-Block 4-piece set
- Surface Plate: 36” x 36” x 6” Granite Inspection Plate